Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Waiting Game

Where are you???

Maybe I shouldn't be asking that. I know exactly where you are. You are curled up inside me, jabbing your arms and legs outward, as though you are trying to stretch and uncurl.

It is starting to get difficult to walk, and I am constantly sore. I am waiting.

Originally, your due date was May 15. After your ultrasound, they decided your due date was actually May 29. But the likelihood of you actually coming that late was low.

I kept hearing that I would meet you any day, that you would be born long before your due date. We talked about steroids for your lungs if you were coming too early, and we talked about best and worst case scenarios. The most unlikely situation has happened.

Today is June 4. Where are you???

They have scheduled me for inducement on June 6 or 7, so I guess I know I will meet you soon.

Sometimes I am excited to meet you, and sometimes I am scared. Will I be a good mom? Will I be able to do it?

I can't wait to find out.